Spotlight Match: Minnesota Blizzard FC 1-1 Sioux Falls Thunder FC

In a first half of few chances, Blizzard broke through in the 38th minute, Ashton Hosler finishing a counter attack which he had led, beginning with an interception at the top of their own defensive area.

Thunder equalized in the 60th minute as Benjamin Schoenherr blasted the ball in from the left side of the area following a recycled corner.


Siouxland United FC 0-2 Dakota Fusion FC

Fusion extended their lead at the top of the division with goals from half time substitutes Ryosuke Miyata and Felix Buabeng.

Minnesota TwinStars FC 3-1 Duluth FC

Fatorma Conneh scored and Rolando Barclay came on late to score twice and seal a home win. The BlueGreens’ goal came courtesy of Edouard Nys.


Sioux Falls Thunder 1-4 Duluth FC

Duluth with a road win courtesy of goals by Rory Doyle, Eduoard Nys and Paul Bobai. Thunder scored through Eric Beltran.

Minnesota TwinStars FC 4-2 Siouxland United FC

The Outlaws took the lead in the 8th minute through Magloire Makila but conceded goals from Chigozie Eneje, Fatorma Conneh, Rolando Barclay and David Diawara, punctuated by a penalty kick by Kenny Hewitt for the visitors.

Dakota Fusion FC 4-0 Joy Athletic Club

After an opening few minutes when Joy had the better possession, an injury stoppage was followed by Fusion finally putting together calmer possession of their own, before attempting to thread passes from midfield through the Goats back line.  In the end, it was a lofted ball onto the right wing, crossed across the 6 yard box for a tap in by Fusion’s Lucas Peruzo in the 14th minute which broke the stalemate. 

Action would ebb and flow with Joy having a good chance punched clear by Fusion keeper Will Devine and a couple of other chances which they failed to finish. The visitors would be caught on the counter attack in the 26th minute as Brandon Garcia poked the ball over the line after an initial shot was stopped by the Joy keeper, Drew Moseman. 

Joy continued to have decent possession in midfield but could not threaten the Fusion goal. The half ended with Fusion defense and keeper in no hurry, sideways and backward passes and Joy’s high press making no impact. 

The second half began with the Fusion head coach demonstrably upset about something, resulting in him getting a yellow card. In a scrappy start to the second half, it was Joy who would have a corner cleared but Fusion again who found the finishing touch. 

A hard tackle at the top of the Joy penalty area was whistled as a foul and Toshiki Makimoto hammered the ball off the face of the left post and into the inside of the right side netting for a goal in the 54th minute. 

After another Fusion chance only two minutes later was saved by Moseman, Alberto Romano Sanchez made it 4-0 on the hour mark, mopping up from the left after a shot was taken from the right and parried away. 

Seven more minutes had elapsed when Fusion had had two chances of their own snuffed out, only for Devine to pull out a lightning double save to keep the clean sheet intact at the other end. 

Much as in the previous game at Jim Gotta Stadium, there was late goalmouth action, as Joy saw a shot ping audibly off the crossbar before dropping on the foot of a defender for a scrambled clearance, which became a two on one Fusion counter, although the home team could not capitalize.